Welcome to Vivaldi.net!
By clicking through, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you don’t agree to the following terms and conditions, you are not allowed to use Vivaldi.net (the “Website”).
1. What you agree to do:
- Respect the other members of the community and help us build strong community.
- Respect the intellectual property rights and privacy of any third party and only publish content or other material that you have full rights for.
- Use our Website at your own risk.
2. You agree to not do the following:
- Harass other members of the community.
- Break any laws or regulations. Vivaldi Technologies AS is based in Norway and follows the Norwegian laws or regulations.
- Upload/publish illegal content or other material that you don’t have rights to publish/distribute.
- Upload/publish content or material that is obscene, defamatory, vulgar, sexually oriented, hateful, harassing or threatening.
- Use our service for illegal purposes.
- Hack our system or use our system to hack other systems and spread viruses, spam to other users or to any other third party.
- Create or use multiple accounts to abuse Vivaldi policies, bypass Vivaldi account limitations, circumvent filters or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. (For example, if you’ve been blocked by another user or have had your Vivaldi account disabled due to abuse, don’t create a replacement account that engages in the similar activity.)
- Create Vivaldi accounts by automated means, or buy Vivaldi accounts from, sell or re-sell them to, or trade them with others.
If you violate any of the above, your account will be suspended or terminated, and you may be exposed to civil and criminal sanctions.
We do our best to provide the best community environment, however, we cannot be liable for any kind of damage, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of our Website.
We do not guarantee that access to our Website will always be available or uninterrupted.
The Website and all the Website elements are provided on an “as is” basis. This means that we cannot guarantee the accuracy and timeliness of information available.
We are not responsible or liable for content or services provided by any third parties, which may be used on or linked from the Website.
Please note that if you delete your data, including but not limited to your blog and its entries, photos, and emails, we will not be able to restore it for you.
Inactive account policy
What is Vivaldi.net’s inactive account policy?
- We encourage people to actively log in and use Vivaldi.net when they register an account. To keep your account active, be sure to log in at least every 6 months. Accounts and their contents may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.
How does Vivaldi.net determine inactivity?
- Inactivity is based on a combination of participating in community activities (in forum.vivaldi.net or in vivaldi.net blogs), logging in, syncing browser data and using vivaldi.net email. Therefore, unconfirmed or mass-produced accounts without virtual practice in any of these community activities are also subject to permanent removal at any time. Please note that you may not be able to tell whether an account is currently inactive, as not all signs of account activity are publicly visible.
Vivaldi Mail Policies
By obtaining a Vivaldi.net account, you are entitled to use the Vivaldi Mail service.
As a condition of your use of Vivaldi Mail, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and adhere to the guidelines below.
Spam and bulk email
- Your Vivaldi Mail account will not be used to distribute spam or unsolicited commercial emails.
- It is prohibited to use Vivaldi Mail to send emails which violates the CAN-SPAM Act or other anti-spam laws; to send unauthorized emails via open, third-party servers; or to distribute the email addresses of any person without their consent.
- Automation of the Vivaldi Mail interface is also not allowed. This means that you cannot send, delete or filter emails in a manner that misleads or deceives users.
- Also, keep in mind that your definition of “unsolicited” or “unwanted” email may differ from your email recipients’ perception. Use your best judgement when sending emails to a large number of recipients in Vivaldi Mail. Even if the recipients elected to receive emails from you in the past that does not mean the current mail campaign is welcome.
- When a Vivaldi Mail user marks an email as spam, it increases the likelihood that future messages that you send will also be classified as spam by the spam filter that we use and run locally.
- You will not use Vivaldi Mail to knowingly transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs. In addition, you will not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of networks, servers or other infrastructure belonging to Vivaldi or others.
Fraud, phishing and other deceptive practices
- Unless you have their explicit permission, you will not access another user’s Vivaldi Mail account.
- Don’t use Vivaldi Mail to trick, mislead or deceive other users into sharing information under false pretences.
- Don’t phish for users’ data, such as login information, passwords, financial details or identification numbers, or use Vivaldi Mail as part of a scheme to defraud others.
- Vivaldi has a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of such content, we will report it to the Norwegian Police Department, as required by law. We may also take disciplinary action, including termination, against the Vivaldi Mail accounts of those involved.
- You will respect copyright laws in your use of Vivaldi Mail and will not infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights.
- You are also not allowed to encourage or induce others to violate intellectual property rights. You can report copyright infringement to Vivaldi by using this form.
- You will not use Vivaldi Mail to harass, intimidate or threaten others. Anyone found to be using Vivaldi Mail for these purposes may have their account disabled.
- Keep it legal. Don’t use Vivaldi Mail to promote, organize or engage in unlawful activities.
Message storage, file storage, outbound messages and other limitations
- The amount of storage space per user may be limited. Some sent or received messages, or uploaded or downloaded files, may not be processed due to space constraints or other limitations. You agree that Vivaldi is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages, files or other information.
Again welcome to our community!